Condor Plug News - The Mighty Cube Survives!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have just heard from my supplier and friend at Pipes Divan in Dublin that Condor Plug is out of circulation due to the EU packaging changes which has resulted in Condor Plug having to be made in 30 gram as opposed to 25 gram plugs. This is to accommodate more scary anti-smoking images/messages. They assure me this is not the end of the road for our beloved cube but a mere retooling of size and packaging design. I will update everyone on any new developments as soon as I learn anything new from the boys in Dublin. In the meantime I have loads of plugs and they are mine you hear....bwhah!!!!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The nice men in the white coats knocking on your door are your friends..........

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That is correct as they don't have any 30 gram Plugs yet and they have sold all the 25 gram plugs hence my posting!!!! :rofl:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Thanks, Simon I just received the same email! Good news for us Condor lovers! We get some nasty pictures with it but hey, at least we get 5g more per Plug!

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Now, I like me some Condor Plug and I'm not complaining about 5 more grams per plug. But they're putting more tobacco in the package to accommodate a larger anti-smoking label... That is just fascinating to me. My hat is off to the good people at Gallager's for pulling that off. This is almost as cool as when Elvis was awarded an honorary DEA badge and snuck a gun into The Oval Office.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
It's not hard to get in the States at all, it is mighty expensive though! You're looking at a little over $100 with shipping for a 250g pack. Worth it? In my opinion, absolutely! I do wish it were available in the States though because the shipping costs is where it hurts. This is an OTC blend that people are willing to pay top dollar for.
Now, I like me some Condor Plug and I'm not complaining about 5 more grams per plug. But they're putting more tobacco in the package to accommodate a larger anti-smoking label... That is just fascinating to me.

That is pretty funny when ya look at it that way. They need to put more tobacco in the packaging so people can see the nasty pics! So silly, so silly.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I'm not sure if Condor is my thing, but I'm excited that the plug will still be available. I'm definitely going to try it out.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thinking about it if they retool the plug as a 30 gram block that would make it a 1.05 oz plug so we have been short changed for years. I seem to remember seeing somewhere on here from MLC a wrapper for a 1 oz Condor plug from the late 1940s. I suppose when metric weights came in it gave manufacturers the excuse to reduce the weight and size of the product and boost the price. The same thing happened when we went over to decimal currency in the U.K, worst idea and con ever perpetuated on the working man by the 'bang on' trendy lefty class.

Status
Not open for further replies.