Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Important Condor Long Cut Alert

(20 posts)
  1. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have just received Condor for the first time. I haven't smoked any, but it smells amazing!!

This important alert has been brought to you by the people of Nate. We know you have a choice when choosing which alerts you read and we thank you for choosing Nate.
    Condor photo IMG_2590_zpsaqbh69r4.jpg

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. codecreatively

Code

Login to Send PM

In other news, Condor threatens to kill while Penzance is a friendly mottled flake.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. jmatt

jmatt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a problem with the labels on that tobacco. Is it a fragment of a sentence? "Smoking kills what?" The reader is left wondering. Smoking kills your appetite? Smoking kills the mood? Or possibly, "kills" is a noun. Perhaps some European name for something one smokes. In that case, how does on smoke a "kill?" In either event, the label is not helpful to me at all.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really hope you don't enjoy it at all. In fact, I hope you hate them and that way I can take all five off your hands.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoking kills?!?! Did you guys know this?!?! This is.... this is.... well... this is very dissapointing news!! why'd nobody tell me, you hateful bastards!

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Matt, I suspect they're using the word "kill" as a metaphor for the human spirit.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Life kills. FDA kills joy. Etc.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I loves me some Condor!!

Michael
    Posted 2 years ago #
  9. samon

samon

Login to Send PM

Totally normal for EU/English tobacco products. Quite surprised you guys across the pond like our Floral Lakeland scents, I assumed you were weened onto more traditional aromatics like cherry and vanilla etc.

Even our snuff has shitty warning labels, but less offensive with stuff like 'this product is highly addictive' but rather less than cigarettes packs with pictures of tumorous throats and dead people on morgue slabs.. (they actually do this on some Condor packs I have had too)

I personally reckon the warning should polute the back of the tin, and leave the front alone for collecting purposes. Or have a normal tin but with the 'dis gone kill' bullshit as a removable sticker.

Still, I'd rather have those warning labels than something as rediculous as that deeming act thing you guys now have..

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

I've only had one pouch, but I loved it!

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. jacks6

jacks6

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dang, this reminds me I need to try Condor still.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I KILL you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K43YncHWPMM

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. coda

coda

Login to Send PM

Condor Long Cut is as good as it gets...

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Even our snuff has shitty warning labels, but less offensive with stuff like 'this product is highly addictive' but rather less than cigarettes packs with pictures of tumorous throats and dead people on morgue slabs.. (they actually do this on some Condor packs I have had too)

Yeah, that is ridiculous that they put those pictures on the pouches. I have some Condor Long Cut and Revor Plug with some nasty ass Faces of Death type photos. Pisses me off but will never keep me from smoking the good stuff. I wouldn't mind if they put those pictures on lesser tobaccos like, Molto Dolce. (kidding people, kidding).

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For those who haven't seen what's being talked about... the back of the Condor bag.
    Condor photo IMG_2598_zps9lnsoksg.jpg

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. samon

samon

Login to Send PM

That's fucking grim lol! The worst is the moustachio man with a melon sized lumpy cancer growing under his chin to his collar bones..

Kind of annoying to be treated like a child when it's an adult product. What's funnier is in big supermarkets all tobacco products have to stored behind a load of steel shutters to block it from view and a paper list of available products is on a stand. If you want to see a product you need to ask for it in particular!

Supposedly to stop kids from getting watery mouths when looking at crappy boxes of fags and stuff. Not a terrible thing though as instead of me squinting like a mole to see what they have I can just grab the menu and not hold up the queue.

I've not seen anything but worded warning labels on tins of baccy though, just packs and pouches.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. samon

samon

Login to Send PM

Todays otc blend has a nice picture of rotten tar filled lungs. Kind of irrelevant as clearly cig' smoker lungs..

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. blueeyedogre

blueeyedogre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate....... If you die can I have your Condor?

"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." - Corinthians 16:13
    "Let us be English or let us be French . . . and above all let us be Canadians." – Sir John A MacDonald
    "The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine." - Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
    Posted 2 years ago #
  19. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here in Mexico they put pictures of dead rats and deformed babies on tobacco products.

I had no idea rats and babies were smoking this stuff!

Dot
    Posted 2 years ago #
  20. mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If everyone in the UK gave up all forms of smoking tomorrow, and all drinkers gave up alcohol the government would be bankrupt by next month!

Regards,

Jay.

...take up thy stethoscope and walk...
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sumusfumus, buzkirk, odobenus, disinformatique, headhunter, donjgiles, ormazd, justanotherdude