PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Is there a tobacco similar to Condor that is available on this side of the Atlantic? I enjoyed the pouch of Condor I ordered from the U.K. but not the $45 a pouch it would cost for more. Is there a close alternative?

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I smoke Condor exclusively, and I can honestly say it satisfies all my smoking needs. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no other blend like it. There is only one Condor!
Cheers,--Eric

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I was told Grousemoor would be close but doing some investigation online makes me think otherwise.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I know of one Condor smoker who smokes Galwith & Hoggarth's Best Brown #2 and something else that i can't recall at the moment, to help offset buying Condor exclusively. I have tried the BB#2 and like I have said before.... right string, wrong Yo-Yo. There are several of these type blends that you may enjoy which have some Lakeland essence, but for myself I have developed a Love for Condor, and nothing else satisfies. Happy Smokes,
Cheers,--Eric

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
There is nothing really like Condor.
Grousemoor is not even vaguely Condorish.
I broke out some GH Conniston Cut plug recently. I whiffed the jar after opening it and thought, "Hey, that smells a little like Condor." I think that if you like Condor there is a good chance you'll like Conniston. It isn't a lot like Condor. But probably closer than anything else IMO.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I'd be very excited for the re-birth of Warhorse plug as Simon aka condorlover loved it enough to go into the pipe tobacco business along with woodsroad, therefore I would guess warhorse plug when it becomes available could satisfy that itch.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Warhorse is the sort of tobacco I enjoy. That being said its not to everyones taste but it delivers the necessary nicotine 'wallop' that a Condor smoker would desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.