PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Guys it seems to me that if you want to discuss things like the Civil War or whatever you want to call it from a historical perspective then that should be OK under General Discussion. You might even find the thread might last a long time if one tries not to relate to modern day US Government constitutional interpretations or why you own 15 Rush Limbaugh teeshirts and a couple wall posters in your bedroom. If you stick to the historical stuff and avoid anything contentious like a quick plug for 'The Southern Independence Party' or what you would do with all your less than white neighbors in the newly reformed CSA then it would make for a very interesting and civilized discourse which I am sure the 'Mods' would roll on happily with until you all got bored or worked out the South lost. As an after thought I wonder if Jeff Davis smoked Condor?

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Jeff Davis and Condor? Well, maybe. He likely would have done anything to get the Brits into the war on the side of the Confederacy. :puffy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
xinnocent-face-goes-viral-disaster-girl-causing-web-havoc.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.QWJuKZNTY1.jpg

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Sorry folks, I got busy after I made the OP and the few times I did look it was a whole different subject without a post yet to be stated about the original title (I had nothing to add to the debate at hand). I'm not bothered by it at all, I love a good debate, just wish Jorge would of started his own thread about the reasoning behind the war :nana:.
Oh, and I think it was Beast asking what GITT is. = Get.In.This.Thread.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I believe President Davis was a man of taste with respect to what he would put in his pipe. (This can be taken either as an endorsement of "Condo" or not. Reader's choice, whatever makes you happiest. Or, for that matter, most irritated.)

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Just a quick note: Ken Burns' Civil War is available to stream on Netflix. No need to wait for the programming puppetmasters.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The only thing I ask is that we resist calling each names....
I do enjoy the lamentations of the women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

Status
Not open for further replies.