PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
In honor of my 800th post (should be this one) I decided to share this with you all.
Oh dear Jesus this scared me. I had just written, and was about to post, that I was smoking Captain Black White in a M. Y. Meerschaum Bent Bulldog. I then referenced my new purchase of a pound Zander Greg Z-120 which is supposed to be similar to RLP-6 which is supposedly the same as CB White I believe. I then decided I was going to add a funny mind blown picture (the guy from little big planet 2 for all you fellow gamers) and I got a pop up saying that my computer needed to do a critical system scan. Being 3am in the morning I was like whatever and hit Okay. I then was panic stricken and remembered the malware that downloads itself onto your computer disguised as a critical system scan run by a 'anti virus' software you have on your computer. In reality the only way to get rid of it is a pain in the ass process of rebooting and doing a system restore in safe mode or paying for the 'anti virus software' to 'clean your computer of all viruses' which is bargain priced at $30. I quickly Alt F4'd that hoe like it was a fat chick and luckily averted disaster. Heart racing, puffing tobacco, find a happy place.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I had the same disaster last year. I found that Spybot Search & Destroy works. There are lots of clones that are actually spyware themselves.

winston

Lurker
Aug 16, 2010
Superantispyware works for me everytime. Just add a dot com to the name to get to website.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I go with malwarebytes. Between a nasty version of Security Center malware and an incompetent IT guy, I lost a LOT of stuff on a laptop last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.