PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Earlier I asked for some help restoring some old Dr. Grabow's and other pipes for use in the pipe club I have started. A fellow pipe smoker graciously agreed to help me. He did an amazing job. Better than I could have ever expected. Check it out the before:

8d6ab90f96bdf60045e74642ddbd380d.jpg

and after:
PB260657.jpg

PB260663.jpg

PB260664.jpg

These pics do not do the work he did justice. I am truly grateful and hope to put these pipes to some good use.
Chattanooga Pipe and Cigar Club

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Not only has this been a wonderful restoration project but the reasoning behind this huge acquisition of pipes is even more commendable. Mr. Krause is starting a pipe club in Chattanooga and wants to have available burners for first time smokers who walk through the door.
IIRC, your bride brought home 20 odd pipes and I'm sure the restorer kept a couple for his efforts - and rightfully so. But, if you ever find that you're going to run out please come back here to run up a flag or shoot off a flare and let us know that you need help. There isn't a gray haired pipe smoker on this forum who doesn't have an extra pipe or two laying around and wouldn't be happy to donate them to a man single-handedly building a community pipe club.
My hat's off to you, brother. You just might be the hero of the week around here.
Fnord

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
I think that the community pipe idea is a good one. Also that really is a good restoration job. I like how you have several types and styles to give the new person an idea of what shape they might like. Plus gotta agree with al that poker is really pretty.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Thanks for the encouragement. The person who did the restoration I found on a different pipe forum. Doug from PA. He did an amazing job and I am extremely grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.