PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
How many completed cellars do we have out there and how much are you content with? What is your goal? Mine is complete at 140bs. I'll probably just buy a tin here and there to replace what I smoke and try new things, but other than that my cellar is complete. You?

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Not me. Just inched over ten pounds though, so it's progress.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
My is done since one year ago and it has cca 40 pounds which would last me about 20 years.

I'll buy a pound now and then and would only cellar again when things get much worse.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
All a matter of perspective and personal choice. Peck will never finish his tin fortress, where somebody else could buy maybe 10 lbs and be set. I think I'll have to stop when I fill my cabinet up, my prediction for that would probably be about 20 lbs.
About 17 more to go, though I have a pound of Dunhills, McClelland and Stokkebye coming, so 16 more.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I am pretty much done. I will replace some staples as I smoke them and maybe pick up some new stuff if it appeals to me, but my days of mass buying are over.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I have no clue where I am at now. About a year ago I calculated out to roughly 40 lbs. That was about an 8 year supply based one what I usually smoke.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm at just under 20lbs, which should last me a long time- but no way am I done. I'm going to keep buying as long as it's financially viable to do so. I hope that means at least a few more years but, not to be too pessimistic, I'm doubtful.

I am just about to top the 100# mark, but I am still calculating it, because I entered some of my first jars wrong, because I had entered the volumetric oz of the jar, instead of the actual weight of the tobacco in it. So, I am still working on getting the early jars all weighed out.
I don't have an actual goal set for it. But, mine isn't necessarily just a cellar, it's also going to be fuel for my funeral pyre when the day comes. :puffy:

hippiebrian

Lurker
Jul 1, 2014
Just getting started here and once the order comes in I'll have a lb. of Haddo's, 4lbs. of Luxury Birdseye Flake, and 23 tins of Escudo, covering my favorite blends. I also have a few scattered tins of stuff while figuring out what I like, but am going to horde the above three. I figure I'll hoarde maybe until the fda decides to shut down mail order pipe tobacco, until then I'm stocking up on my favorite three!

ruscho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
Big part of my cellar is blends I've tried and jarred, or blends that I am yet to get to. I have a few that I prefer with a few years on them, but other than one blend with "spotty" availability, I'm not really stocking up. Probably have around 5 lbs

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess I'm living on the edge, but I don't have many pounds of tobacco. I feel like I am always on

a quest and don't want to be socked in with a certain set of blends, however good they may be.

If the tobacco tax people put leaf purchase out of reach, this is a really bad plan, but I suppose I

could coast for a couple years if I had to, smoking not so much.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My cellar is complete. I reached my goal of 250 pounds about 4 months ago so I am done buying tobacco unless a new blend comes out that I really have to have.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I have 140 lbs, ~40 of which is Dark Flake. I go for 2 or 3 days of just smoking it. I may need to buy more:). If I had a few more thousand dollars, in all honesty, I'd add another 100 lbs; it wouldn't be difficult:).

Status
Not open for further replies.