PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well, I have successfully healed my wounds stemming from the Nautilus with consumerism. I got a Goblin Church to complete my trifecta. I'll have to get a better pic at some point. Then I picked up a Claudio Cavicchi Elephant Foot, just in case there was any residual disappointment lurking around the corner. I think I'm all better. :wink:

Dec 24, 2012
Daimyo, you have quite a Goblin collection there. I love them all. Is one of those the one that was just posted for sale this week?
I do think its hard to go wrong with a cavicchi - the man makes a hell of a pipe. What grade is that one?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The finish is so warm and revealing of one of the most spectacular arrangements of grains and birdseye I've ever seen! The shape is perfect. The two piece stem...perhaps the only possible criticism?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Thanks all, quite happy with both acquisitions.
What grade is that one?

Amazingly it isn't even graded, which is shocking since the orientation of grain is perfect and both the Birdseye and straight looks great. The churchwarden Goblin was from this last week and is named Toadstool.
The two piece stem...perhaps the only possible criticism?

On the upside the mortise is completely briar and the tulipwood only goes around the exterior of the shank.

Status
Not open for further replies.