PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
My wife is a hairdresser in an old country nurseing home.We have been looking out for an old nice man,a loner who wa s displaced in the New Orleans aera by Katrina,no family and has to live on 32$ a month.He smokes and likes strong coffee,I buy him a few packs of starbucks also an ocassional pack of cigs, I asked the wife to ask him if he wouldn"t like to try the pipe. So today she asked him,she said his eyes lit upand said I used to smoke the pipe.Tonight i put a Mr Grabow big pipe a Mr Brog,3 packs of tobocco and a big handful of pipe cleaners and said take that to him tommorow. Fellow pipe smokers,we are fortunate to have family and a good decent life,,take care of your fellow man Tbradsim the old cajun.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I'm sure when he holds the pipe in his hands and lights it up he will be transported back to a time when he was young and happy if even for only the moment. Hats off to you sir and your gift of remembrance to that gentleman.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I 2nd what everyone has said, would be great to hear how he enjoy's them. I remember when my great grandfather was in a nursing home and we would take him a tub of P.A. every month. There was a couple of other gentlemen there that loved a pipe but had no family or funds and he would share with them. I was a kid but I still remember them 3 sitting outside smoking and telling stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.