0svt3IVl.jpg

LgVSVK9l.jpg

FueQBVyl.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Way to go with the cleanup!
I have to say, this pipe has me stumped. It is SUCH a huge departure from the original Comoy Pebble Grain in terms of finish and style that I think it might just have become the case study, for me at least, in the difference between pre-Cadogan and post-transition pipes.
The first thing that strikes me is that this pipe appears to be partially, if not entirely, rusticated. Whereas every Pebble Grain I've ever seen has been sandblasted. The second thing that is interesting to me, is the natural colour/stain that was used in the finish. Most Pebble Grains (not all) that I've seen are darker, almost Shell Briar-like, in their finish.
Here is a link to two vintage PG pipes picked up by forum members a year or so ago. Note the difference in finish and appearance: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/comoys-nos-pebble-grain-paneled-dublin
Regardless, I have no doubt that it will be a good smoker, and think that you've done a wonderful job making her pretty again.
Congrats!
-- Pat

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Dave, awesome work! That pipe looks brand new! I always enjoy your restorations.. :worship:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a classic before and after. The before is soooo sad, dried out, like a fossil, and the after is brand new. At least another fifty years in that one.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Isn't it you Daniel, that has his wife doing stem work, or is that Lori Brown? I think it's your wife, and if so and she did that one...again...that's some nice work right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.