PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leednej

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Hi,
Cleaning out my late great uncle's home I found this Comoy's pipe. He was a pilot in WWII in France and England but I'm not sure if that was when he got it. The SY initials are not family related so that adds to the mystery. The hallmarks on the stem are for 1911. I have not been able to find any information on the date, style, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

John
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5b5qvzgva9pvxb7/Yo6wU6DI-N

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Well, when I see a large Y like that, it makes me think of Yale. Anyone in the family a Yalie?

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
That is really cool... I love stuff like this. I know it's dsiplayed as a Y but it reminds me of a 3 portion coat of arms on a sheild. Could it possibly be a unit designation? I.E. 1st Battalion, Sierra Company 1st Platoon. Either way it is really neat. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it wether it sits on a shelf or you smoke it. Take care.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
What a wonderful heirloom to own. That would be great to learn the significance of those initials.
(yikes, had to delete the pix, too large!)

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Really sweet Comoy. It reminds me of a magnum sized Comoy a friend of mine picked up at a pipe show that had a big Silver Y on it. I'll ask him if to look at your pictures and see if he can give some more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.