PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
The seller goodystore has a boatload of new Comoy pipes for about half retail. They must have bought a retailers stock or something.
I bought one myself, a pebble grain 337. I figured you can't go wrong as cheap as they are. Just a heads up in case anyone else is interested.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
DAMMIT MAN. How am I supposed to float this past my wife!? I want 7 of the 8. I have an 80 Pebble already.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Comoy's of London Woodstock Traditional #87 Zulu for $40, I could not resist. Now I have a seven day set. Pipes are really well made and worth the going rate of $90, let alone $40.00

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
P&C has a few of the pebble grain shapes for $70, the smooth ones are $90. So these are still a good deal (as long as they aren't 'seconds') even though shipping brings you to $50.
STILL RESISTING!!!!!!!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Mine arrived. Shipping was only $6.25 (in the US), so the total cost was $46.25.
Honestly, I can't tell if the pipe is a "second" or not. It's the cheapest briar pipe I've ever bought and it's definitely "cheaper" looking than my Sav GDO for instance. However, it still seems ok to me. I like it so far and the first smoke was ok. The draw is a little tight compared to my other pipes but not bad at all. I was a bit surprised at how cool it smoked considering the walls are thinner than my other pipes. Might have been the bowl coating, I don't know.
Anyway, I like it and for $46, I have no complaints. I don't think you can go wrong at that price.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I failed and put one in my cart. It shows $11.xx for shipping. I cannot abide that, since I know it costs at MOST $5.95 to ship a pipe stateside with insurance.
So I am clinging to this outrage in an effort not to buy some of these. ha ha.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
You picked the one model with free shipping...
If you want any variety, they want $11.xx each and have not answered EITHER of my inquiries about combining shipping.
That is annoying me too.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
7 Comoy's of London Woodstock Traditional #87 for $280.00 to my door
Jack-- You do indeed love those Zulus!!

When you said "now I have a 7 day set" I thought you meant you bought # 7..........But you bought the 7 day set all at once! Congrats!!! :worship:

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I failed and put one in my cart. It shows $11.xx for shipping. I cannot abide that, since I know it costs at MOST $5.95 to ship a pipe stateside with insurance.
Not sure I follow how you're getting that. All the auctions show $6.35 shipping, except the free one.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Yes I love the Zulus. I am working on three more 7 day sets. This will take me a couple three years, but I have 2 Savinelli Oscar Tiger 404 Smooth Zulus, 2 Peterson Aran 268 Zulus, and 2 Chacom Elite Smooth 77 Zulus. Have other assorted Zulus, but not working towards 7 day sets on those.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Shipping is $9.75 for me...to Boston. They should just use the usps small flat rate box instead of using the eBay calculator function

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
They must have that ebay auto program that calculates shipping based on zip code. I agree, shipping shouldn't cost more that $6 anywhere in the US. Mine came in the USPS $5.95 flat rate priority box.

Status
Not open for further replies.