PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Just wanted to give a mighty shout out to Al, aka ssjones, PM mod, fellow briar enthusiast and all around great guy in the pipe community.
A while back I off handedly mentioned, in a thread Al started, "If you ever want to sell this pipe ...". Well, lo and behold, in a very kind move, Al gave me first dibs on his Comoy's Pebble Grain 331c bulldog. Without hesitation I jumped at the opportunity, at a very fair price, I might add. This is my under the radar Christmas present to myself, as I just sold some pipes, and had cash at the ready. Thus, with no one the wiser, it worked out beautifully.
I've long loved the rare Dunhill PO shape, shown here in a vintage 1939 example, I foolishly sold last year.
1350607723568-1.jpg

I liked the PO shape so much, I even had Mark Tinsky make me his take on the shape.
IMAG0608.jpg

Here's some photo of Al's Comoy's 331c which captures the Dunhill PO shape. Again, many thanks Al. It's a great pipe, and made my Christmas complete.
Comoys_331C_zpsb2d0c7ee.jpg

Comoys_331C1_zps0208f871.jpg

IMAG1787-1-1-1.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I love seeing great pipes go from great person, to great person. Congrats on your new burner Kash; it's a stunner. Way to go Al, on getting the right pipe to the right man. :clap:
To quote Hannibal Smith, "I love it when a plan comes together."
-- Pat

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks Eric. That was one of those pipes I had great reluctance packing up, but Eric's enthusiasm to acquire it made me smile. I've been blessed this year to have acquired many fantastic pipes and another gets delivered today. My pipe funds and rack space dictate something must leave for a new acquisition and that Comoys was one of those. In a few years, I'm sure it will be mentioned in a "any regrets" tread. But I know it will be cherished on your rack and it really does compliment your other similar shapes. So enjoy it for many years and Merry Christmas!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a fantastic looking pipe. Congrats Kashmir. Thank you Al for making a fellow pipers Christmas wishes come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.