PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
I have an ounce left of Carter Hall and have about 1/2 an ounce of Prince Albert's soft vanilla can I combine the two together?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Permission granted.
Actually, lots of folks swear by using Carter Hall to cut down the sweetness of aromatic/flavored blends.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
From what I read people use Carter Hall on lots of different blends. If you think the Prince Albert soft vanilla is too much, give it a shot. Or you can just experiment to see if its right for you.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've created my own blends before by mixing tobaccos. Its kind of fun to see what you can come up with. I have 3 blends which I refer to as my Metalhead Blends. Plus a lot of pipe smokers will mix the remains of different tobaccos that they don't have enough of anyone blend for another bowl. Its kind of interesting what some of these guys come up with. I've had several blends like this from some friends and some are good and some not. Its always interesting though.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I have to say that adding some CH (15-50%) to some of my other blends does help to create a nice even smoke. Doesn't hurt the flavor, in fact enhances some of the tobacco's flavors.

In fact, thanks for the reminder. I have to order a tub of the stuff.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
The two mixed together ended up being better than them by themselves. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.