Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Colossals Custom Made

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fetidbog

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know anything about Colossals Custom Made pipes other than what little I was able to glean from Pipepedia? I have (and am currently smoking) one that is stamped "Colossals Custom Made on one side of the shank and on the other side is stamped "Algerian Briar"and under that is the word "France". Also the stem is vulcanite and has a star stamped into it. It's a big pipe with rather thin walls but it smoke really well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't know the brand, but the pipe carving/making culture in France is really strong, and Algerian briar is generally considered high quality, and you report the pipe is a good smoker, so it all sounds promising.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. buckaroo

buckaroo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I never found any history on them anywhere. I've owned 3 over the years and they were all awesome smokers despite usually being beat up on the outside... They always seem to have collected deep scratches and other weird damage to the wood. Sold them only because I usually don't have 3 hours to sit and enjoy.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   railman, jojoc, jdhowe75, laniromee, alaskanpiper, ray47, supdog, oldgeezersmoker, donjgiles, cachimbero