PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Thought you all might enjoy this story. We recently had a local news reporter do a story on the treasure trove of 17th and 18th century clay pipe and other colonial artifacts that my brother and I discovered on our family farm in Tidewater Virginia. The artifacts are all part of a larger colonial plantation site and include quite a variety of English press molded clay pipes as well as rare Colono or "Chesapeake" terra cotta pipes. This is what basically got my brother and I into the pipe making business.
http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/virginia/2016/01/19/brothers-find-colonial-artifact-trove-accomack-farm/78846000/

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Great story. Thank you very much for sharing.
I bought one of your Williamsburg clay pipes from your website a few weeks ago but haven't smoked it yet.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Until a few years ago I had about 150 clay pipes and pieces found in different parts of the country. Seems like wherever history has taken us we find the ole pipes.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Cool story. Thanks for sharing. I enjoy the pipe I bought from you at the last Chicago show.
Winton

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Winton,
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Will have some new models at the Chicago Pipe Show this year. One of the fascinating things about the clay pipes we've found is their state of preservation. Many of the intact bowls still show black carbon staining inside the chambers. We also found whitetail deer antler tips mixed in with the 17th century clay pipes which we believe they were using as pipe tampers.

Status
Not open for further replies.