PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Recently, Catypelis stated that he did not like the Lane samples that came in a goody bag. He offered them to the first person who requested them, and I was fastest.
They arrived today. Lane 125th Anniversary is Virginia Perique blend that I already have and enjoy. This will be added to my stash.
Medal of Valor is a Latakia blend. I don't like English blends, but lot of the guys at my pipe club enjoy it, so I will pass it on to someone who will enjoy it.
Dark Red is a cherry vanilla blend. I tried it, but didn't really enjoy it, so it will also be available to my next club meeting.
Today, I tried out the fourth blend Buttered Rum. This is a mild pleasing aromatic. It lights well and burns smoothly. It is a good blend for winding down after a long hard day. I will enjoy this in the future.
A big surprise was the Cassillero pipe that was also in the box! Interesting rustification and a nice size. I used it for the Buttered Rum try out. It smokes well. I have a nephew that has expressed an interest in pipe smoking when he gets a little older. I think I will pass this pipe on to him if he ever asks me to show him how to smoke a pipe.
I appreciate the tobacco and pipes. This is part of what makes pipe smoking fun. The people we hang out with are really great. That is what I really look forward to when I go to a pipe show.
Thanks again Catypelis

Status
Not open for further replies.