PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
Well currently my favorite combinations is as follows, A member here sent me a tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe and I am now in love with this and a cup of Folgers Black Silk.
Whats yours? :?:

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I just bought a package of genuine Cuban coffee from my local B&M along with some Mac Baren Plumcake and I have a feeling that will be winning combination that I plan on trying out tonight.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
One of the many advantages of being Canadian, genuine Cuban coffee and cigars. That and hockey :lol:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
For me, every day starts with a cup of coffee and a pipe; and being retired, I have the time and lack of stress to nurse them and enjoy.

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
So brdavidson.......Whats an American got to do to get his hands on some of that Cuban coffee? :D

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I make espresso on the stove every morning and I usualy smoke PS Nougat, or TBM from 4noggins. I like a mellow smoke in the morning. In colder temps I enjoy Englishes more than warmer times of the year.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
In the interest of self preservation and ensuring we don't violate any forum rules send me a PM.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hey Nick, maybe we can get Pat to make us some nice coffee on Saturday using his coffee ninja skills. I say a paper bag, lake water and lighter is all he should need to make us a great cup of joe!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I say a paper bag, lake water and lighter is all he should need to make us a great cup of joe!
I can make this work. :P
Brian, I am intrigued by the Cuban coffee that Victory sells. I have been routinely... challenged... by the quality of Cuban coffee, but want to give it a shot. Bring some along on Saturday and we'll brew some up. I'll be bringing some coffee roasted by a small roastery in Pickering, and some fun teas for folks to enjoy. I had intended to use my coleman stove and a couple French presses to brew coffee. But if requested will use water from Lake Ontario, a lighter and a paper bag. It'll probably still taste better than the ubiquitous swill retailed nationally by a chain named after a famous hockey player... my true colours are showing again aren't they?
Brazil, Bolivia, Kenya and Sumatra are all either just wrapping up their respective coffee harvests or in the end of their harvest cycle. For current crop, of specialty grade coffee, head to your local cafe, roastery, e-tailer of fine coffees and look for coffee from these origins.
I'm currently drinking a Panama from my company which I adore. It is roasted to just a shade under dark, has lovely toasted nut aromatics/flavours and delivers an almost caramelly finish. The body is big, the flavours deep, and it complements the FMC I've been enjoying lately very well.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'll bring the package along Pat. I remember Cuban coffee from my honeymoon and it was absolutely sinful, I've never been able to get around to picking some up until my recent chastising by a close friend for my taste in coffee has had me exploring different roasts. :nana:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I've never been able to get around to picking some up until my recent chastising by a close friend for my taste in coffee has had me exploring different roasts.
:clap:
Introduce me to him, he sounds smart, and is probably devilishly handsome.
-- Pat
PS - To stay on topic... Blackbeard, here is the link to a thread from last week in which mail order sites for awesome coffees was discussed there are some fine coffees to be found here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/anybody-order-their-coffee-online

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Blackbeard, that's half the fun! Good natured ribbing and a passion for the finer things are what we all seem to have in common on this forum. It's threads like these that give insight and also much joy to those of us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.