PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
Was given a freshly cracked tub of PA from a friend who decided he didnt like, was wondering how long i can expect it to stay fresh in the tub? or should i dump into a couple masons?

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
It depends on how long you think it will take you to smoke it all. I would suggest jarring it if you think it'll take more than a month or two to finish it.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I have a can of middletons cherry blend that i opened in 1998 and it's still good,those cans or tubs really work good,i myself think mason jars ziplock baggies ect ect ect are over rated.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
It should last until you finish the tobacco. As several others have said, the Middleton Sta-Fresh canister will keep your tobacco fresh for years. The key is the lid, which not only has a Humidome, but an air-release hole which helps assure a airtight seal.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Save your jars for bulks.Or do as I do and put your bulks in Middleton tubs.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I agree with Mark and Colorduke. Those plastic tubs keep the tobacco fresh a long time. Either that, or they have chemiclas in them that do. ( I hope that's not the case though). I don't know.

I have kept some Middleton's Sugar Barrel in the tub for up to a year and a half, and it was still moist when I opened it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.