PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys here is a shot of my new pipe rack. I recently got this very nice vintage wooden coke box and the bottom slats are perfect to hold the pipes that are waiting to be refurbished or are in process. The pipes on the table are some that I have cleaned already. I will posting some for sale soon, but am waiting on a few pipes to come in. This is my pipe restoration station. Also the prince albert tin that holds my pipe cleaners is sitting on top of the coke box, it belonged to my great grandfather who also smoked a pipe. I have one other smaller one that was his, but sadly no pipes, either way its cool to have something like that.
5e6b5f53.jpg

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
Innovation, the true speaking point of a pipe smoker! Can I call dibs on the one third from the right? Got some lookers there, but there's something about that pipe...

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
It's a fine example to how broke or ruin stems.Take care to your nice pipes my friend and use the vintage wooden box maybe to hold something else like bourbons and glasses

maurizio

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah third from the right is a royal danish wuth a neat little stem, but its pretty dirty, dont worry it will look as good as new soon, if you are serious about it Ill clean it next. And Maurizio I get what you are saying, but I don't see how these stems could get ruined in this way besides these pips all have to be cleaned and polished. The pipes on the towel for example have been cleaned and polished and when that occurs they go into a special padded box to keep them that way. This helps me keep track of the dirty crusty ones and reminds me of how much work I have to do.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey nsfisher I have these three. The top is a grabow Savoy, The second is a a no name but has some interesting leaf shaped cuts. The thrid is also a no name but is simliar in shape to the omega, just no band. The grabow is barely smoked, maybe a couple of times but the stem needs cleaned due to oxidation. Which I will do. The second is unsmoked and needs to be polished. The third is smoked a good bit and has some teeth chatter. If you are interested in these let me know, I'll clean them up or can send you other pics. I also have this pipe 2nd pic that is the same shape as the omega but this pipe is brand new, made in Malta and has a Maltese flag on the bowl and stem, it is a De Rohan and gorgeous, It is up for sale at 80 dollars. The others would be around 15. Thanks for the interest.
56ef39bf.jpg

17fb4634.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I think it is a creative idea, but I would caution you if you live in an area that gets hot. I have had stems straighten in my workshop just sitting on a table when the ambient temperature rose above 80 degrees. If your shop gets hot, I imagine you could end up with some interesting bent shapes, lol. Maurizio could be correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.