PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Why does burly smoke so well in a cob? I've been enjoying the hell out of my Sugar Barrel and it didn't taste as good in any other pipe as in my MM Legend. Does burly just need really good airflow to achieve it's best taste? As a side note, I just discovered that the top air vent in my car makes a perfect pipe holder lol! I feel I have just achieved hillbilly status.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I completely agree, Eric! I don't know what it is about cobs and codger blends, but it works!

On a side note, I really appreciate the offer of a sample! According to my B&M, my Sugar Barrel should be here Monday, I can't wait!

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
@ eric

I achieved "Hillbilly Status" long Ago LOL
2013-01-18135538_zpsa3aa3ac3.jpg

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
I think most tobaccos smoke better in the corn cob. It tends to not need relights as often. Also, my cob has the medico/grabol filters and that prevent drools from getting into the bowl.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Cobs and Burley are my go to fishing smokes, none better for my palate. And when I get a good fish on the line and the pipe goes flowing down the river it doesn't break the bank!! LOL :D

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Definitely pitch the filter; I actually prefer my pony express or patriot because they are filterless although I'm not exactly sure how the shorter shank plays into the taste. I keep hearing about this sugar barrel. Guess I'll have to go find some. Happy smoking everyone!

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Definitely pitch the filter. There is nothing like straight Carter Hall in a cob. I am convinced the cob imparts a sweet flavor to tobaccos. May just be my imagination but I am sticking with my story!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I'm one that smokes his cobs with a filter. But, I cut them in half, seem to like it better that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.