PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Just wondering...what do you folks pay for Missouri Meerschaum Cobs from your local b&m?

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
$4.00 here but the only one they carry is the missouri pride model

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
$5.99 at the local pharmacy, packaged under some name, but with the MM sticker on the bottom. $9.95 at the B&M in town, with a couple of different styles.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Ok, good to know. I was given two cobs from a friend as gifts and I love them, and wanted to buy one for a friend but the local b&m has cobs on a piece of cardboard for $4 bucks. A buddy from pipe club said he bought one from the board and it burned through. I thought maybe they were Chinese made.
I'll have to go over and look at them.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Usually about 10.00 but I always order mine right from factory and they mail them to me.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
jaybird, those cobs you mentioned do sound like Chinese junk. Order them online from Mars, or check out the MM website, where you can order natural versions when they have them available.
http://www.marscigars.com/
http://www.corncobpipe.com/

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Before I order I'll check out local pipes to see if they have the MM sticker.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
The local place here has the Country Gentleman for 9.95, and Washingtons for 3.95, with no sales tax in Oregon. I get all my pipe cleaners and matches, and stuff like that from them.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I have 12 MM cobs. Can't beat the price. I pay from $2.95 to $9.99. That's a good price for a pipe.
The only issue I have is the lacquer inside the bowls. That taste mixed with my tobacco gives me a major headache.
I wrote to them and asked about that (no response yet). No lacquer should be inside the bowl. No need for that at all.
I wire brush the bowls out to remove as much as possible.
They need to cork the opening before any coating is applied. Who want's to smoke burning lacquer fumes. Boy, if smoking wasn't bad enough, you have to get that in your mouth as well.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
The only issue I have is the lacquer inside the bowls.
I agree, it sucks smoking through that, but thats the price you pay for an....ahemmm....7 dollar pipe.
I think ill deal with it

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
They have stickers and are attached to a promo board with the MM logo on it. It was a good thing I checked it out, early today I was going to order online but the local store has them for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.