PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Sad day, My 22 year old cob just split wide open now I'm cob less. How will I ever replace it? Now I got a nice stem from Uncle A and no cob. The day has to get better don't You think. :crying:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
You bet, I think I payed $1.50 for it, just can't get things to last anymore. :rofl:

jar15a1

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
It doesn't seem like much of anything lasts that long anymore. You could have it stuffed and mounted and put on your mantle. Gone but not forgotten.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
ace what caused the split? i was warned not to keep a cob loaded in my truck because the tobacco, humidy, and heat would cause it to split dont know if there is any truth to it but if i aint smoking it i store it unloaded

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I scored a 20 yr old cob thats got a bit of a bend in it and but it smokes like a dream. in fact that is what i will do now :wink:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
It was 22 years old had one small crack in it but smoked very well, I just loaded it up put fire to it puffed 2 times and POW cracked wide open about 1/2 in. just like a frozen water pipe.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Good thing you got a (pipe)rich Uncle! I have to recount that I've been witness to some serious gentlemanly behaviour on this forum. I raise my glass to you! :worship:

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
All according to how bad the crack actually is, you might try either or a combination of Elmer's Wood Glue, which is safe to use, and/or Pipe Mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.