PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
RdA82vG.jpg

I poked these to see what would happen, dumb, yeah I know. Went right through. Can these be fixed?? How??

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Make the hole round enough to accept an appropriate sized dowel rod, cut a small section of the rod and glue it into the bottom of the cob.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Those look like Chinese cobs. Throw them away. MM uses a special corn with large, woody cobs.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hate to be the safety officer or nanny, but I guess I'd rather do the dowel rod repair than the coin, since I don't want metal being heated that close to the ember. Now I'm late for the Chicken Little convention.

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
I hate to be the safety officer or nanny, but I guess I'd rather do the dowel rod repair than the coin, since I don't want metal being heated that close to the ember.

Mso489 you smoke as I do so let’s not get worried by a coin on the bottom of a cob, a Falcon and many other pipes have metal bases.

It works and solves a problem, but it’s your choice.

The coin is on the outside base!

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
I'm curious whether or not those cobs came with the goodie bag that P&C sent out this Feb for IPSD. I received my bag and in it were 3 cobs that said "Made in China". I was a little surprised since it would have been relatively inexpensive to put in grab-bag quality cobs from MM but oh well what the heck. It was free. But I don't plan on smoking them.

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
Thanks for the help guys. These were the IPSD freebies. The bottom of the bowl is very squishy...I figured they would break anyhow. Not a big deal, just curious how poorly they are constructed. They look nice though.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
They were freebies because they're cheap Chinese cobs that are worthless. Before Pipes and Cigars was acquired by Cigars International, CI purchased over 10,000 of those cheap pipes. Now Pipes and Cigars along with CI, have been trying to get rid of those worthless pipes for the past couple years. Just toss them in the trash and buy a Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob pipe and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.