Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I walked back to my motel room from the local bar. No problem. Once I got back to my room I grabbed the ice bucket and went to fill it up to ice down a few beers I had left over in my room. I should say here that I was not more than mildly intoxicated.
After filling the bucket I started back to my room and took a misstep off the side of the sidewalk. My foot was caught in a decorative bush there and I tripped. I fell very undignifiedly on the pavement. I struck my elbow on the edge of the sidewalk and cut it open.
Murphy's Law being what it is a young man saw me fall down and, as I picked myself up in the most dignified manner I could muster, he asked me if I was ok.
Cudos to the young man for being concerned. I thank him for that.
I told him I was ok and immediately started searching around for the Savinelli that launched from my mouth when I fell. I found it, unharmed, and put it back into my mouth trying to muster at least a little dignity.
Once I returned to my room I washed my elbow and examined the damage. A nasty gash on the elbow that could perhaps use a couple of sutures but will not get them. I cleaned and dressed it and will live with it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Sorry about your wounds but you did save the Savenelli. In time, and with much embellishment, you'll have a cool pipe story to tell. Hope you heal quickly.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
No doubt. Last time I did a faceplant, I had just been making fun of my wife for stumbling on a rock :) You know what happened next.... Not 30 seconds later, I found an old piece of rebar, just barely sticking out of the dirt, got it caught just right in the toe of my sandal, and promptly was sent to a horizontal type of position in front of about 10 people !

Hard to play that down

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
No doubt. Last time I did a faceplant, I had just been making fun of my wife for stumbling on a rock [:)] You know what happened next.... Not 30 seconds later, I found an old piece of rebar, just barely sticking out of the dirt, got it caught just right in the toe of my sandal, and promptly was sent to a horizontal type of position in front of about 10 people !

Hard to play that down
Yep, no graceful way to walk away from that.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Glad that the injury is not worse... I can also claim to have done a few

unscheduled maneuvers before. Glad that the Pipe is OK too. One injury is

more than enough, without adding loss to it as well.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Glad the pipe came out unhurt. Sorry you didn't but as mentioned, it could have been worse. You've lost no face here my friend. Happy healing.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Love the story.. I always watch walking with a clenched pipe for that reason lol. Elbows heal but a pipe is worth losing a little flesh.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Glad that the injury is not worse... I can also claim to have done a few

unscheduled maneuvers before. Glad that the Pipe is OK too. One injury is

more than enough, without adding loss to it as well.
Thanks. I too am glad the pipe wasn't damaged. It is the first Savinelli I ever bought and the only one I have with a silver band.

Status
Not open for further replies.