PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Being a product of the '50's I have fond memories of the Roy Rogers show. One particular time I was at a friends house who was a Mickey Mouse Club fan. Was I ever upset that I couldn't watch Roy, Dale, Pat Brady and Triger.
Inevitably I find myself singing or humming the "Happy Trails" theme song after the radio show. It's a perfect ending and I particularly like the rendition of the tune.
Anyone know who the performers are?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Believe it or not, it's Van Halen. I think it's from their "Diver Down" album.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Wikipedia to the rescue!
"Happy Trails" by Dale Evans Rogers, was the theme song for the 1940s and 1950s radio program and the 1950s television show starring Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Rogers, always sung over the end credits of the program. Happy Trails was released in 1952 as a 78 RPM and 45 RPM by Rogers and Evans with the Whippoorwills and Orchestra on RCA Victor Records. It was re-issued in 1957 as a 45 RPM record on RCA Victor/Bluebird.
Van Halen is an American hard rock band formed in Pasadena, California, in 1972. Its 1978 debut album, Van Halen—featuring guitarist Eddie Van Halen, vocalist David Lee Roth, drummer Alex Van Halen, and bassist Michael Anthony—is widely considered to be among the most "original" and "revolutionary" albums to "change rock and roll."[1]
While Van Halen might have also sung the song, it was sung by Dale and Roy about 20 years before they formed the band.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.