PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Well I was playing Mafia 2 on my computer this afternoon and started to notice pipe ads on the walls. I then saw this magazine in my characters apartment so I had to take a picture and show you guys. It says Pipe Magazine. Close but no cigar (its a pipe magazine after all) and no S like this website. Just thought it was cool.
PM.jpg

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Hehe that's great wall-e. How is mafia2? It got a lot of pans in reviews for short gameplay--~10 hours or so from what I gather.

I don't even want to tell you how many hours I've got in Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Dragon Age :roll:

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
You know I really like it so far. I am about 7 hours of gameplay in. I mean you can wander around but your always in a mission it seems like. Its not like in GTA where you go to get missions and stuff its just mission after mission. I agree though about Mass Effect 1 & 2 I have ALOT of hours logged and I am not even halfway through ME2. Did you see they will be releasing ME3 soon??

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
thats cool. i've never played the mafia series. did you guys play red dead redemption? that was the game of the year for me.

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
i was replaying batman arkham asylum the other day and noticed at one point you find commissioner gordon's pipe lying on the ground and during detective mode follow his trail of pipe tobacco in the air.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That's pretty wild.
Does everyone that plays the game see that, or is the scenario created custom for different users?
I'm wondering if they have some way of serving up an environment based on what they detect are your interests.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I'm wondering if they have some way of serving up an environment based on what they detect are your interests.
That's an idea that you could sell to Google and EA, Kevin! The ultimate product placement / targeted advertising for gamers! Of course they do it already, but to a small extent (product placement, that is).
@Wall--yes, eagerly anticipating the release of ME3 (and the movie that's in the works, supposedly--although the comics are...meh) and Dragon Age 2 (supposedly in March). If you like the RPG genre and have played Arkham / ME then you really should look at DA--it's got a phenomenal amount of gameplay, *and* replay value. It's listed as 100+ hours, and I think I spent 111 on my first play-through. I'm on my 4th now. Ok, I admit it--922 hours between those 3 games. I had a lot of vacation! Also the rumor is that ME3 will have multiplayer.

And now that I'm thinking back, Dragon Age has more than a bit of pipe smoking in it, but then it would as it's a rather Tolkein-esque milieu. I'll leaf through and see if I can find some screenshots.

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
theres been talk for years that there are adds on tv screen that your eyes dont see but your brain reads them.

Status
Not open for further replies.