PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
My favorite tobacco is Orlik Golden Slice, I'm looking to get something in large quantity. Are there any bulks out there that come close? I tried Anniversary Kake, but the perique amount is much higher than OGS. Any recommendations?
Thanks Fellas!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake has more Perique (if Orlik has Perique at all, which is under discussion). But

LNF is an excellent flake and if you like OGS, I think you will likely enjoy it. It's not a precise match, but along the

same lines. Of course, sample it in a small quantity before committing to a pound or five.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
I'll second mso's LNF suggestion. I agree they're not the same or even trying to be, but both occupy the same position of an easy, yet flavorful, anytime Virginia in my rotation. I've had one or the other - but never both - open at any given time for the last several years. I swap between them when I feel like I need a change of pace.
I don't think OGS has Perique at all, but if it does it's a minute amount. LNF has a little more, but it's still rather low on the Perique scale compared to Escudo, 633, St. James Flake, etc. It's just enough to round out the VA and support its development through the bowl.
Smoking some LNF right now, in fact...

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I would also second LNF for a bulk that may fit well with your tastes. They are different, but it is a good Virginia flake with the smallest of Perique zings, quite a light smoke.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Have any of you fellas tried the newminster 400 superior flake?
Yes ... and that was going to be my suggestion. :)
More expensive options might include Dunhill Flake and Hamborger Veermaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.