PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
Any one know what ever happened to Chuck Long? He stopped making pipes about two years ago.
I have one, his first Army Mount and my best pipe. Would love to track down another one

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Chappy, since this isn't picking up any responses right away, maybe you could give a little info on Chuck Long pipes. Do you know where he is/was located, how long he was selling his pipes, and maybe a little about the shapes and finishes? That might jog someone's memory or at least visualize the pipes for those of us who don't know this carver. How and where did he sell his pipes, and did you ever meet him?

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
His pipes went under the name CLLong Pipes and he had a web site of the same name. I think he moved to Washington state a few years ago. Here is pic of mine
20170121_163749-600x600.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice classic shape. I bet these come up as estates now and then. Maybe one of us can give you a shout if we see one.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I found pictures of a couple of his pipes and a video. Smoking pipes dot com had some for sale. Google didn't turn up much else.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
I saw the smokingpipes link pop up on a google search too but if you go to the site they dont have any

Status
Not open for further replies.