PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I have had a sizable selection of estate pipes for a few years now that I purchased as a lot on ebay. Many of them are semi-decent quality, but most are, naturally, probably worthless. However, most of them smell of cheap aros.
I do have a pipe reamer, however, I do lack the other items such as carnauba wax, stains, buffing wheels, etc for the briar and stems. I have about 33 pipes -HERE-
Let me know what you would charge. I could even do some trading, services for a few pipes. There are a few that I will not get rid of, however.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
It may end up being full restoration for those that are worthy. And no worries about the confidence; I never doubt or distrust until I am given reason to.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I am looking into buying a used bench grinder/buffer. There are a couple at the pawn shops for 60-80 bucks, but I know I can find a much better deal.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
You probably won't find an old bench grinder that runs that slow. I converted my bench grinder into a buffer and played very carefully with it. Still haven't bought a variac for it.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
From what I see in the photo those estates look to be pretty good condition. The toughest job would be getting that yellow-greenish oxidation off the stems. There are a lot of ways to tackle that though.
I bought myself a variable speed drill, some cotton polishing wheels, white diamond compound, carnauba wax, a sanding sponge and a set of Micromesh sanding pads to get myself started. I already had bristle pipe cleaners and high proof alcohol. It's not a huge investment and most of the stuff has other uses as well.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
I would be glad to work out something with you. Drop by www.rebuiltbriars.com or email me at rebuiltbriars@comporium.net. I am sure we can work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.