PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
They are glued to the center of an ashtray. You then bang your pipe against it when done smoking to knock the ashes out.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Loosen up the dottle and ash, then rap the pipe gently on the cork. Hold the pipe by the bowl if you don't know your own strength so to protect the shank/bowl area. The cork will also simmer quietly as it burns away creating a very different "room note." So make sure no embers and I wouldn't suggest stubbing out cigarettes on the cork.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
C'mon Papajoe, there's even a picture of how to use it in the ad. heh heh heh :roll:
edit... I notice also they're located in China. How the F... do they have free shipping on something like that?

papajoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2014
@mcitinner1: I get a lot of thing that cost from 0.5 $ to 20$, big to small packages from China with free shipping..

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
Haha, well now I know at least. I got one in a starter pipe pack and I've been using it when filling my pipe, gently tapping the bottom of the pipe on it to make the tobacco move down the bowl!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I have one ceramic ashtray with a cork knocker that I've used from time to time, but I wind up using the one that I made from an old Escudo tin and a leftover bottle cork, since I can leave that one outside to fend for itself during the winter months... :D

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I have them in all ashtrays, different shapes & order them from sponsors of this site. Wouldn't be without them.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Cork Knocker...What people who don't smoke pipes get as gifts for people who do.
Me: What the hel oops, this is a family site, what the heck is that?

She: It's a Cork Knocker! To bash your pipe into.

Me: Bash my pipe?

jjjarhead

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
I don't really get it why people buy cork knockers. I made one out of a wine bottle. Child's play.

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
My ash tray is a terra cotta tray that is normally used under terra cotta planting pots. I used Gorilla glue to glue a champagne cork right in the middle of the tray. It has been my main ash tray for many many years. You can find different sized trays. My tray is about 6" in diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.