PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I was very happy when a package arrived this morning and ready to tackle the project located inside the box head on!
A recent auction win is this Peterson. I just finished the restoration and more than happy with it's outcome. The stamping seemed somewhat lighter than I would had prefered when received, but hey, it's still a keeper!
Peterson, Deluxe 4S XL.
Before
MYpipe25.jpg

Before
mypipe26.jpg

After restoration. I forgot to clean the small area of the tenon you can plainly see in the images. The carema lens never lies.
mypipe21.jpg

mypipe22.jpg

mypipe23.jpg

mypipe24.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I like it! Beautiful grain too. I just won an auction of an old Peterson with the same shape I think. (356?) It will be my first system Pete. I like this shape better than the rounder Peterson system shapes that seem to be a little more common. Nothing wrong with them, I just like this shape more for some reason. Maybe if I have an adult beverage I'll figure it out.... yeah, that's the ticket!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Durham, you've done another fine job restoring the briar back to form. When will this one be up for sale on the forum board?

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Its very nice straiht grain we could call. No wonder everybody want to have Peterson pipes.

I do have Doegal Rocky old peterson and its smoke like dream. NICE JOB AGAIN! HAPPY SMOKING.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
You have done an amazing job restoring that beautiful Peterson pipe. If I saw the "before" pipe for sale I would not consider buying it, but the "after" pipe would certainly pique my interest. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.