PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
In an organization that employees over 200 people, I am the only one who smokes a pipe. Break times, the smokers light up their cigs. and I light my pipe. One guy, about 30 yrs old asked me what it was like. He never seems to have cigs of his own, so today I gave him a Cob and about 8 bowls of baccy(my own mixture consisting of 1-Q, 5 Bro's, Storm Front, Carter Hall and Walnut, all mixed on an equal ratio). I educated him on loading, lighting, cleaning etc. Anyway, at lunch time he loaded it up and lit it, puffed on it a bit and of course it promptly went out. Second light it took off as it should. Once I got him down pat on sipping instead of sucking, he said he actually enjoyed it. He talked about it all afternoon and said he was going home and getting a beer, sitting down and spending 1/2 hour with it and the pipe. We shall see how he made out on Monday I suppose.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
That's how PAD starts. Someone says how would you like to try this? Then next thing you know your in so deep you have full blown PAD for life. Then you start dreaming about the possibilities of finding that perfect blend. Then before you know it TAD strikes. What do you bet, in two weeks he comes in with a brand new pipe.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I wish that I would have someone like you when first starting out. There was no internet back then and trying to talk to people in the B&M, in those days, was like speaking a foreign language. Pretty soon after getting frustrated with it, I went back to cigarettes, they were easy and uncomplicated. I think it's great you stepped up and took him in.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
hehe - fisher you sound like a pusher "the first one is always free"
Seriously, good on you!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
It is nice you were able to help someone else. Hopefully your co worker will stick with the hobby and help other people in the future just like you did for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.