PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
For my third commission I went with Clark Layton on the advice of a fellow forum member. I asked him for a size 5 panel with thick walls and a cumberland stem. I am very happy with the result. The blast is great , and the draw is perfect . The stem starts at a diamond and then transitions to a very comfortable bit. I smoke it with ODF ready rubbed and it gives a great smoke. I am impatiently waiting for the other 5 commissions to come in so I can order another pipe from Clark.
BlastedandStained_zps6f5a1bcf.jpg

roughShaping_zpse7c3a1b9.jpg

Clark_zpsa35713b2.jpg

Pipe #1 Wayne Teipen

Pipe #2 Bruce Weaver

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
You are getting some real variation in execution. All are very handsome. Continued congratulations!

Dec 24, 2012
I will be truthful - I generally am not drawn to panelled pipes. In fact, I am having trouble thinking of a single one in my collection.
However, I do think they take some skill to execute - I have been told, in particular, that blasting a panelled pipe can be very difficult since the shaping needs to be maintained.
I think Clark did a great job with this pipe. I know the engineering will be spot on and I love the cumberland coupled with the tan stain.
Congrats, and I can't wait for #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.