PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianmonk

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2015
Oh god, I had never smoked cigarettes before starting a pipe. Out of curiosity, I got a pack today and smoked one...
The nicotine hit is definitely a lot more significant considering the amount of tobacco. However, the taste is absolutely awful. Not only that, it coated my mouth with an ugly smoky layer too.
I'm sorry I betrayed y'all, but NEVER again!

May 31, 2012
I agree,

putrid.
FSC is the devil.
They most certainly don't make 'em like they used to...
:!:
p1040977-854x1280-400x600.jpg

p1050061-1280x854-600x400.jpg

p1050062-1280x854-600x400.jpg

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
People smoke cigarettes because they can't smoke pipes indoors. When you can sip a pipe for a few hours, of course you smoke the pipe; it's better in every way. But if you only have a five minute break to go outside and smoke, you need something convenient like a cigarette.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
^ Yep. That's me. I've been experimenting with Snus when I can't smoke a pipe, but I find I still miss the smoke. It is not optimum. Snus has a wicked nic hit though.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Cigarettes Tast horrid and smell horrid because they are made from low quality heavily adulterated tobacco.
It's nothing like quality cigar and pipe tobacco.

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
I smoked a Marlboro after having a few drinks at a social gathering. It tasted like chemicals and Poison. It's the same taste I get from Diet Coke.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Cigars, pipes and cigarettes, I smoke all three. You guys just aren't trying hard enough to find a satisfying cigarette. Just as certain pipe blends aren't not for everyone, as are cigarettes. Nothing gained through a single experience. It's like finding a beer you can thoroughly enjoy. Takes time and testing.
The brand I smoke is most certainly not made from inferior leaf. I do not like certain hard liquors either, so I refrain from subjecting the members to my distaste for them.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Drum brand roll your own tobacco, in the dark blue pouch, tastes exactly like Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I was a cigarette smoker for thirty years, unaware of how foul the smoke was becaause I always lived in a hourse where cig smoke pemeated the air. Then the rising costs of cigs, and my disgust over their addictive hold over me, had me try to quite several times until I discovered Chantix, which I know many people can't tolerate. Three months later, needeng an oral fix rather than a nicotine one (let's not take that out of context, gents) I resume my tries with the pipe. God a Peterson Dracula Smooth Aoole and one other pipe that edudes memory, and learned how to smoke a pipe--my previous efforts, I realized, were based on trying to smoke a pipe like a cigarette, which of course you don't. I learned much about that here, thank you. Now you couldn't pay me to smoke a cigarette, and I'm battling PAD, see my earlier post today about a Nording billiard. But most of all, I can actually smell cigarette smoke, and how foul it is. To think I wasted so many years in time and money smoking those things...

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I really liked American Spirit roll-your-own when I was in college. Mostly the blue variety, but the black was even better. Has Perique in it.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Cigs get put down on this forum frequently, which is understandable I guess, but it is my understanding that Pipe leaf would not be available without the cigarette industry.
Although I haven't smoked cigarettes for years, I still consider myself a Smoker, and take each bowl in solidarity. Many of us on this board smoke cigarettes and cigars as well.
Cigarette smoke doesn't smell bad to me, just different, and I won't get on a high horse.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
Got some nightcap? Go the local convenience store and buy some papers and roll yourself some :)

Status
Not open for further replies.