PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The CI Pipe Guild meeting on Monday evening featured Standard Tobacco of Pennsylvania and their blends at the Hamburg, Pa. location. About 20 Guild members were in attendance and a lively Q&A session followed the presentation. It's a great group of people and the Hamburg store is incredible. Well stocked, 2 floors and even 2 bars. If you ever find yourself in the area this is a must stop on your trip. The store is next to Cabella's so it's very worthwhile.
Dan Johnson of SToP gave the presentation.

lH4vqGd.jpg

Russ O., chief blender of STop Blends from P&C.

nKS7HHO.jpg

Guild members trying the blends.

CkfgEBu.jpg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Fantastic. Looks like a good group of people there and Russ being there is the icing on the cake.
If I'm ever out that way again I'll have to check out CI's shop.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
An interesting side note from the meeting was when Russ told everyone that the optimum taste experience for the War Horse Bar and Green is to open the tins and let them breathe for about a week in the tin. He told the group that after a week they are exactly what he envisioned when he made them. I have had my tins open for 2 weeks and they do benefit from the rest.

rodbuster3

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2016
Is ci cigar international? Wouldn't leaving a tin open for a week or two make the tobacco dry as hell?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
If it were shag or ribbon, especially not packed tight, yes. It depends on the cut, the original moisture content, and the ambient RH of where the tin is placed.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
rod, what Russ meant was to crack the tin and close it again for a week. He's working with the manufacturer to get them to "age" it a bit before final tinning so it comes to the consumer in a perfect state.

Status
Not open for further replies.