PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I am wanting a churchwarden pipe. Would you guys suggest buying a whole new pipe or having a churchwarden stem made for one of my preexisting pipes? I have a few smaller lighter ones that I believe would be perfect. One of which is my Savinelli Bent Bob which is the same as their churchwarden pipes (the black and white ones) but with a short stem. It would be a perfect churchwarden pipe in my opinion and I am pretty sure a churchwarden stem would only set me back $25 at the most. Thoughts?
Picture of the pipe:
c608909c.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The challenge would be getting the outside diameter of the stem and the pipe to match. Then you would need to bend the stem. Unless you have the tools and experience, I suggest that you send your pipe to someone who can shape and mold the stem to match.
Winton

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I guess I didn't word it correctly as that is what I meant Winton. I would send the pipe to someone to make the churchwarden stem for it. Recent quotes put it at around $25 (as listed in the post). I think it is the most cost effective but I didn't know what people would suggest.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Winton is exactly right.

Send them to someone that can put stems in them to match.

All three of my briar Church Wardens all started as basket pipes.

I have had them all for many years and smoke them frequently, almost daily.

Left to Right: Chacoam, Wilmer Lightweight, Brebbia Lectura

longboys-1-600x450.jpg

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Churchwardens rule!!! In fact, practically the only pipes I will now buy will be C.W.'s. I already have 2 and they smoke great!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Such a deal I can make you Will. :twisted:

papa-600x245.jpg

This one is sold but I can always make another!

Seriously , send the bent bob off to have a CW stem added. THEN buy one of mine ! :nana:

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
UncleArthur, that is one gorgeous looking pipe - may I ask what one like that costs crafted by your expert hands?
Any chance you'd be into the idea of making a really zany, "out there" brightly coloured "girlie" model for me - I'm think along the lines of something that would resemble the Italian made Marlen Pens that I so adore.

Status
Not open for further replies.