PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Went and got my mail out of my mailbox today. Had a package from Jack Lee Blend. Yay. Summer sangria and yule pudding. Opened the yule pudding and let the wife smell. She didn't want to give it back. Then the summer sangria. She said, and I quote, "this smells like eating Smarties and running through a field of wildflowers." Had to laugh at that one. Still need to try both, but figured you guys and gals could use a chuckle.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Nice! my wife hates the smell of any tobaccos ive had her take a wif of. Granted, she is an ex-nail smoker so i cant blame her. I love the summer sangria though. Have never tried the yule pudding, but coming from jack lee, you wont be disappointed.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Every tobacco I've had my wife smell from Autumn Evening or Grousemoor to Pirate Kake she always responds with "Smells like tobacco".

Aug 14, 2012
Wives and daughters say the darndest things. Some of them think pipesmoke smells like excrement. The little sweeties.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
She has actually picked up the pipe on occasion. Prefers aros.
My youngest son tells me all the tobaccos smell like raisins.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I guess I'm pretty lucky, my wife love the tobacco and can't wait till an order comes in the mail. She also pops into the office to smoke whatever I have going at the time and likes the aro's especially. The Peterson Christmas has been her favorite......hmmm, maybe they'll be a pipe under the tree for her this year.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
85C112F6-DD9B-4C0D-A705-5F87DE5325FA-28055-0000035FF2620E1B-1.jpg

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Ohhhhh...... Thanks mangers. I've ate them but didn't know they were called that. Never paid attention to the wrapper.

oldshacker

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2012
Ah the scent of pipe tobacco and its effect on people. Your wife is like my little sweet neighbor (a 70 something person) tells me that my pipe smoke reminds her of good far distant memories. She added that my smoke triggers her fond thoughts that she would have lost form age if it wasn’t for the nice smell of my pipe tobacco.

Now keep in mind that she can smell my smoke 2 houses down. I do smoke outside so..

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
revs, your wife should get a job at an ad agency!
oldshacker, smell is known to be a trigger of memory. I found this out years ago, when the smell of Mixture 79 always made me think of the student lounge at the college branch I attended back in the 1960's. Back then you could smoke anywhere and the lounge often smelled of Mixture 79.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
My wife like some blends, mostly the aromatics (of course) and the english blends, she dislikes them all together

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
My wife won't admit it when something smells plesant. But she'll sure let me know when it doesn't! Mostly though she doesn't complain about it and let me enjoy my smoke so I'm happy to appease her by keeping the "stinky" stuff out of her smell range. My daughter on the other hand has complimented more than one of my baccys.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Mine said the Magnum Opus (and all english blends, for that matter)"smells like beef jerky". That made me chuckle.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Holy cow fireman, your wife's right! Magnum Opus does smell like beef jerky! Maybe that's why I like it; I like beef jerky too.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
My grandfather smoked White Owl, which has a distinct smell. Whenever I smell one I remember a spring day in rural Ohio in the 60's on his porch watching him tend to his rabbits. I don't know how the poor things ever put up with it.
Revs, tell her I approve of her happy description. :)
Keith40. PM sent. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.