PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlr1

Lurker
May 29, 2014
I want to give a big shout out to Chuck at Iwan Ries. I stopped by the other day and he spent a great deal of time with me. I bought up his stock of Brigham (Hudson's Bay) which is not on their website. He also helped me with some IR house blends. Most importantly, he assisted me in my first purchase of a Dunbhill pipe after smoking for forty years. He could not have been more helpful. What a resource.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Iwan Ries is probably the oldest pipe shop in the U.S. and has a long history and tradition of doing right by its customers. It sounds like Chuck is living the tradition. Good place to buy your first Dunhill, I'd say though not owning one. I think getting personal attention when making a major purchase is a good way to go.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have personally dealt with Chuck more times than I can count. Even in the face of an enormous recent city sales tax hike he is always cheerful and happy to see people.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Mso, it is indeed the oldest (still active) pipe and tobacco shop in the country, dating back to 1857. So happy to have it here in our city. And yeah, Chuck is the best, but everyone I've interacted with there has been as well. Me and a few buddies just used their luxurious lounge this past weekend.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I bought the only dunhill I have from Chuck. It was in the early 2000's. I wanted a shell prince and he took the time to show me 4 or 5 and pick out the nicest ring grain.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Jefff keep your eyes on that Chicago city tax. It should be dropped as the city tax increase is illegal per Illinois state law. NATO and other tobacco groups are going to be filing suit as the tax is illegal.

Chuck...amazing man. Iwan Ries is a beautiful shop and is worth the trip no matter where you live ( I just happen to live close )

Status
Not open for further replies.