PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
So here I am, smoking my re-done 1992 Christmas pipe this afternoon. The former crummy pipe now smokes great! The re-drilling of the shank and tenon hole and removing the red varnish has made this a pipe worth smoking on Christmas. Hey, and it only took me 21 years to get around to it! Sitting on the porch with my wife while she enjoyed her old Tinder Box Verona, was a wonderful afternoon. She may not qualify as a PipesMagazine.com pipe babe, but she's my pipe babe, and that's just fine with me. Hope everyones having an enjoyable Christmas this year.

Cheers
img_0054-451x600.jpg
img_0056-438x600.jpg

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Lucky man. What I wouldn't give to share my passion for pipes with my wife. Although a tolerant non-smoker, and I should be grateful for that, she has absolutely no interest in my pipes. Lucky man to have a wife to share a pipe with.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What good fortune to have one's own on site Pipe Babe! :clap:

God bless both of you, and Merry Christmas! :puffy:
ps. I'm curious: do you smoke the same blends? Or are your tastes very different.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Lucky man to be able to share this hobby with your wife. It is interesting that your wife holds the pipe by the bowl, and not the stem.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yeah, I lucky to have a wife that shares a lot of the same likes as I do. And I'm thankful enough to actually willingly go clothes shopping with her from time to time. (mostly to see that she doesn't spend too much, heh, heh) But I do believe that she recently ran amok on ebay, and I'm hoping it's pipe related!
Cortez, we do smoke a lot of the same blends, but get this, she usually will smoke more latakia blends than me. Go figure! Today though, she was all about the Molto Dulce. Sweets for my sweety, I guess.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
That's just too cool. You and your 'pipe babe' have a great holiday. While she is fabulous in so many ways, moving my Mrs from anti to simply tolerant of the hobby would be a great leap forward : ) You are a lucky man.

gothicmace

Lurker
Nov 1, 2013
Georgia
Now THAT is a great story and enjoyed the pictures as well. Just great... personally my wife keeps wanting me to smoke something I have yet to find... its called Far Far Away.... every time I go to light up.. she says.. why don't you go smoke far far away. Hmmmmmmm :puffy:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
ersonally my wife keeps wanting me to smoke something I have yet to find... its called Far Far Away.... every time I go to light up.. she says.. why don't you go smoke far far away. Hmmmmmmm [:puffy:]
That's funny!
Great photo of you and your wife.
You are indeed a lucky man

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Love the pictures. My wife tried to just light the pipe and almost set herself on fire. We seem to be facing a long, long, long learning curve.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
How wonderful for the two of you. My wife is totally supportive of my pipe smoking hobby, but doesn't care to indulge. I suppose that I could say I wish she did, but she has many many other fine attributes. (being able to put up with me being at the top of that list .)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on having a wife that shares your passion for pipes and tobacco. You are probably the most envied married guy on this site right about now. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.