PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
We managed to keep everyone abed till 09.00. Then Present Time! From Pauline I got the aforementioned 1908 Peterson. From young Charlotte a Dunhill wallet/billfold - lovely leather - my current one is falling apart. From 'big boy' Andrew a Peterson pipe wallet for two pipes, tobacco and a little compartment for the pipe tool. and a tin of Dunhill's 'Night Cap' (you can't go wrong with that) - I am a lucky man.
For lunch I was the chef, as usual, and I decided to start with an archetypal 'retro' 1970's prawn cocktail with home made thousand island dressing. The main course was turkey with all the trimmings and giblet gravy. The dessert was Christmas pudding.
Of course the wines were crucial. Pauline and I had 2002 Bollinger 'Grand Annee' Champagne with the starter, followed by an exquisite Chateau Margaux 'Pavillon Blanc' with the turkey (many people think Bordeaux makes only world-class reds - they are misguided!). With the pudding we had a bottle of the little-known, slightly sparkling Italian dessert wine 'Moscato d'Asti' - a perfect finish.
I have just opened a bottle of limited edition 'Rubha Dubh' - a single cask Islay malt whisky from the Bunnahabhain family (61% alcohol by vol, thus 20% water added)), a generous Christmas gift from the parent-in-law to go with Christmas Cheer (natch!) in a pre-1920 Loewe Rhodesian.
The day gets better, and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.