PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
This year my wifey went a bit nuts with pipe stuff for my Christmas. She's been saving some of this stuff since summer I'd bet. Not pictured are the antique nail clipper/pipe tamper she got me along with the pipe cleaners. The Kaywoodie is one of the push-tenon handmades by Bill Feuerbach and it came from smokingpipes. I saw it when it went up and told her it was a heck of a deal for what it was, had no idea she would go and buy it. The Harlekin pipes have always fascinated me so this pair will be a nice chance to try them. The Harlekins have tiny bowls so they will be nice for a quick bedtime smoke. Hopefully I'll be able to do a review on them so others will know if they're worth having. She also got me a couple tins of tobacco that she knew I love and that was icing on the cake.
Pic 1:

Top Left-Kaywoodie Sterling 2. Bottom Left-New Nording Signature billiard. Top Right- E Wilke NYC estate in really good shape. Bottom 2 on right-Stanwell Harlekin pipes.
christmas-pipes-600x450.jpg

Pic 2:

The tobaccos and a couple pouch moistener coins...score.
christmas-tobacco-600x450.jpg

I am a happy man this Christmas. Took a few days to get them posted because I was off visiting family and they are not too much on the whole internet and technology thing.

Aug 1, 2012
Yes, I am a lucky man to have her. I try to do as well by her as she does by me but I don't always succeed. I almost forgot to add that she also got me a nice pair of calipers to replace the cruddy ones I have been using to measure pipes.

Aug 1, 2012
Smoked the Kaywoodie with a bowl of Dunbar (the bulk stuff, not the new tin...that needs to age for a few years) and she smoked quite well. Dry but a little bit warm. The heat could have been operator error so I'll reserve judgement on that until I smoke it a few more times. The thing that was shocking was how wide the draw was. That open draw is about equal to my Castello. The button leaves a bit to be desired for clenching but it's a bit too heavy for that anyway. All-in-all a nice present from the wifey.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats! I really like that Wilke.
I had (broke the stem at work) an unfinished Savinelli I paid 40 bucks for and it smoked just as well as any other pipe I owned. I've been eyeballing those unfinished Nordings.
Hell. I guess I eyeball every pipe...

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
I hope all the single men here take note on what to look for in a woman! Your a lucky man Captain and I for one look forward to your impressions about those Harlekin pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.