PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
Savinelli and Peterson have released their versions of the 2018 Christmas Pipe. What's your favorite between these two? And what is your all time favorite Holiday Pipe?
img_9972-468x600.jpg

img_9970-600x419.jpg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Though I don't plan to buy either, am quite intrigued by Peterson's copper colored cowling this year-and then, of course, there are their shapes to consider. Though do like that Sav poker.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Whew, now I'm considering making my Peterson purchase one of these Christmas pipes. I wonder when they'll be available for purchase? Those Savs do look nice. Kinda digging that stem and band combo.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I don't like the green on the Sav stems. I may pass on them this year.
Conversely, that Pete looks mighty enticing in an 03 and maybe even coupled with a 999...

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
In my case I don't DISlike Petersons, but neither do I have a p-lip passion for them (& yes, I can see it's a fishtail, not p-lip, so don't gimme no crap, nyah!). HowEVER.......
Savs I DO actively like, so I'd cast any vote I might/might not have their way. That top left one looks spiffy from what I can see of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They are both attractive and make me stop and look. The Savs are bright and cheerful, real Christmas pipes, but yes, a little garish for me. After the holidays, I'm not sure I'd pick up one of those. The Petes are austere by comparison, maybe a little too reserved, but if I bought one, I'd smoke it for sure. The metal work is nice.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Now that Smokingpipes.com owns Peterson, it will be interesting to see what the future Christmas pipes will be like!!!

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Great reason to purchase a pipe. I think I'm going to ask my wife for one of each.

Jan 8, 2013
I prefer the look of the Petersons. This years Savs are just too over the top Christmasy. I can't see myself choosing it from the rack after the holidays are over. Just last night I was wondering when these were going to hit. They normally start finding their way to the online retailers by mid-July.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I have several Savinelli's, and I really love them. I do not have any Petersons. The Christmas selection from Savinelli is, well, "Blow Your Eyes Out" Christmassy, if you know what I mean. The Peterson offering, with the copper rings, is much more attractive to my eye. I'm likely to pick up a Peterson System pipe soon, but I do see that the new ones are all of the P-Lip style, which I do not want...the P-Lip, to me, is counter-intuitive and I don't want smoke directed to my upper palate.
I wonder if they make the Christmas pipes in Fishtail??? If not, I may pick up a System Standard Fishtail in 305, 307 or 317. Anyone have any advice on those?
CW

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
I wonder if they make the Christmas pipes in Fishtail???
I think all the Christmas pipes are fishtail - from what I've seen. At least plenty are, including the above!
I think the copper looks cool on the Petes and wish they did the stems in a dark green instead of black. I'm not really that wild colored stem guy, but I think the copper would warm it up and make it look very nice. Too bad. I'll probably rope myself into buying one anyway.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
Maybe if those Savinelli stems had a green swirl for 2018. Maybe they wouldn't look so cheep. I really loved the white acrylic stems on last years Peterson Xmas pipes. I bought two, sold one though. With the Dracula, St Patty's Day, and the Christmas Pipe, I think Peterson just does holiday product lines better than Savinelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.