PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I know we feel like we get beat to death with the holidays before we even hand out the Halloween Candy.
But I'm kind of a sucker for Christmas, and I love Christmas music. Anyone here like it, and when do you start listening?
I began to "dabble" Nov. 1, and after Thanksgiving I listen almost non-stop (see: sucker for Christmas. Kind of a nostalgic fool).
Right now, I'm drinking a G&T in the lamp light and listening to a 60's era vinyl of various crooner Christmas songs.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
urtpitz- last week I bought a sealed vinyl of Nat King Cole's Christmas Song....that is my ultimate Christmas Music. Can't wait to put it on the turntable!

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I always try to wait until thanksgiving before I start, but this year with only one final I am finding myself in the Christmas spirit much earlier! I love the crooners; pandora and itunes radio have some great stations for crooner Christmas songs.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Bing and the rest of the Crooners are great year round, but there is always something special about their Christmas songs regardless of the time of year.

I always try to wait until thanksgiving before I start, but this year with only one final I am finding myself in the Christmas spirit much earlier!
Same here.

~Ron

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Christmas for me, was not always the best when I should have enjoyed it the most as a child. So, now I live vicariously through my three little girls and enjoy Christmas to the fullest extent that I can. Keeping Christ as the centerpiece of course because he is the reason, PERIOD. But all of the side-show stuff is a lot of fun for me. I enjoy the music, especially the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Frank Sinatra. I enjoy taking my family out to look at lights while listening to said music. So yes, I'm a fan.

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
I thought I was alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that loves Christmas music. I too start listening early, I listen to most of it on vinyl; Perry Como, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby etc. Love love love it. Love Christmas in general. I used to hate it, but now I love it because my family is together, and we get along well. I don't really care for gifts, but the time spent with my family.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I love Christmas music, especially NKC, Sinatra, etc. I also love the classic choral music. But whatever it is, it is always enhanced greatly by the slight crackle only vinyl can offer.
Peace,

Bill

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I love Xmas music, but not by modern performers. The singers of the 40's, 50's and 60's seemed to have a better feel for those songs.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Although I celebrate the death and his resurrection of my savior on Easter more importantly an undetermined birth month, I celebrate Christmas a secular holiday. I have loved the Carol of the Drum since I was a youth. Heading to Ben and Smokey's territory tomorrow. so I thought Bob Seger's version of this classic is fitting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdSws2foimw

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
It used to be that between Thanksgiving and Christmas it was wall to wall Christmas music.
Bah Humbug.
Hearing Grandma got run over by a reindeer more than once is cruel and unusual punishment. Gene Autry shoulda stuck to shooting guns out of the hands of evil doers. Even the good ones got old before the month was out.
Spending 1/12th of ones life listening to Christmas music? Get thee hence Satan.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's been a family tradition of mine that Christmas can't begin until Santa comes down the street at the Macy's Day Parade. We usually reserved breaking out decorations and Christmas music for black Friday.
I like a bit of all the Christmas music. Old school Bing, and new school Mariah Carey and the serious songs and the funny songs. After Thanksgiving I mostly listen to Christmas music in the car.
I'd have to say my favorite would probably be "The 12 Pains Of Christmas".

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Just tonight I was warning friends its coming. The Christmas playlistist for the shop..
from the Elvis Christmas album to The Vandals

The greatest trainwreck of Christmas cheer ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.