PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Hello all,
During Thanksgiving my grandfather pulled me aside and asked me if there was anything specific I'd like for the holidays. The family is switching back to buying gifts for specific people instead of playing the dreaded "Christmas Game" which has effectively snubbed everyone involved for presents except for my aunt and her family for many, many years... :evil:
Anyway, I asked for a small gift card to P&C and showed him the site.
I have no idea if I'll get a gift card or not, or if I do how much will even be on there (it would probably be a small amount, he's a retired machinist and farmer) but just for fun, what would you guys order if you had a $25, $50, or a $100 card to use there or for another site of your choosing?

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
I would probably focus on tobacco. I'm just starting out and don't have cellars like this crew. I've taken to Virginias and va/per so recently put in an order for about 15 to 20 different kinds. It was only 100.00 or so. Less than I would have spent on a box of my favorite cigars for sure. Anyway, I'm real excited to try all the different blends. So far I've had SG FVF which was awesome but need to learn how to keep it lit. Gonna try SG St. James flake tomorrow. Being from southern Louisiana I'm excited about trying that one. Either way it's a solid gift. Enjoy.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I would probably focus on tobacco.
You can get some superb tobacco in that price range, but if it's a pipe you need you'll probably have to kick in some of your own money.
Early Merry Cristmas to you!

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
My mother in law gets me a $50 gift card to smokingpipes pretty regularly for Christmas. I always order tobacco with it. I usually throw in another $50 to make the order large enough to qualify for free shipping, which is basically like getting a free 2oz tin for ordering enough. My orders typically include an 8oz tin of one of my Pease favorites like Chelsea Morning, often include a 250g box of Full Virginia Flake, and the balance is made up with smaller tins of things I like but don't smoke constantly or things I want to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.