Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Hey everyone,
With Christmas quickly approaching I was starting to put together my wish list. To no surprise its all pipe related except for a new sweater, but then again thats so Im nice and toasty outside. My hope is to get out of convinence store pipes this year, I have two that are real both from my wife for Christmas last year and our anniversary. Anyways, what is on everyones Christmas wish list this year?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Already know that the wife got me a Vauen Auenland Doran pipe. The torment is not getting to smoke it until Christmas!

sad-038.gif

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
@warren, I hear you on that. But with a very specific list of choices I figure im bound to get something I like.
@chasingembers, Yeah thats got to be rough. I can't imagine how hard that would be. But silver lining is that you know its coming your way!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
True, very true. I'd stick with pipe racks, specific blends and such. For me, a pipe is just too personal. I've got to fondle it, roll it in my fingers to check the fit and finish. Too important a choice to be left to the wife or kids.
Now, with a first class ticket to Chicago and a $500.00 gift certificate for IRC as a gift, I could guarantee myself a great pipe. But, that isn't gonna happen. Pesky new grandson gets all the attention and money lavished on him. Nothing left for grandpa but his quick smiles and laughter. Now there's a Christmas present!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I got to hold my pipe, just can't smoke it. Lovely sandblasted churchwarden with a birch stem, and round acrylic bit. :crying:

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
That would be a hell of a gift warren! But watching my parents enjoy my son and daughter opening the spoils of christmas is just as awesome as watching my kids.
@chasingembers, thats good to hear! It just got bumped up my list! I have only tried one real virgina and I really enjoyed it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
All I want for Christmas is to spend some quality time with my GF. Materially I have what I need for now, so gifts other than time.
As for tobacco related stuff, there's nothing that I need that I don't already have. There's stuff that I would like to have, like a good Barling companion set, but nothing that I need.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
...and here all I wanted was my two front teeth! :cry:
In all seriousness I do agree with Warren that a pipe is a very personal thing, thats not to say that someone can't gift you a pipe and hit a home run either... what my kids and wife do now is get me a block so I can carve my own, or more times than not I'll get gift cards for tobacco shops in my stocking.

Now with that said... my best and most favorite gifts are usually items made for me by my kids... that always brings a tear to my eye. Ive always felt theres more sentiment and emotion in a homemade gift that to just go out and buy one.

Dec 24, 2012
Agree, would not let my wife choose a pipe for me without my input. She did that . . . once.
I want pipe cleaners.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
All I want for Christmas is to spend some quality time with my GF. Materially I have what I need for now, so gifts other than time.
I can't type for shit. I meant to write "All I want for Christmas is to spend some quality time with my GF. Materially I have what I need for now, so no gifts other than time."

Jun 4, 2014
The bottle of single malt that I got last year is just about empty, so I'll probably ask for a replacement. A bigger gift for me, will be watching my son on Christmas morning as he see's what Santa brought him.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
Well, besides the obvious (pipes and such), I NEED a chainsaw and a backpack leaf blower. But nobody will get me those because they cost too much. I'll probably end up with a gift certificate to Belk's again that quickly gets handed over to my wife. It sucks getting old.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I have a few tins of tobacco I've been wanting to try and some books I've been really wanting to read. I'm a simple man ;)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Lee: Getting old beats the heck out of the alternative.
peck: I also want pipe cleaners. I'd like two, one blond and the other ginger. Early to late 20s preferred but I am flexible about age. Nubile preferred with loose morals. Nubile is negotiable, loose morals is not.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
We don't spend much at Christmas. We do an inventory of what clothes need to be replaced and then they appear under the tree. I went to a shaving soap site and selected two soaps I wanted to tried. Then I sat my wife down and told her to select something she would enjoy me using. I am part of the Secret Santa, so I am assured of some tobacco under the tree. We are not wealthy, but we are content. I guess that makes us richer than most.
Lets not talk about what I spend at the Chicago Pipe Show. That is certainly not relevant to this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.