PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beargraves

Lurker
Dec 17, 2013
Vidalia
Having searched the web in order to find a history of McClelland's Christmas Cheer, hoping to answer questions such as "what year did the series begin?", "what tobaccos and vintages appeared in the (say) 1996 and 2001 offerings?", I came up empty handed.
Nature abhors a vacuum, and, having found one, I decided to fill it, starting with a call to McClelland. While McClelland's site didn't contain a history of Christmas Cheer, with the assistance of Kristi Streit, I was able to piece together one:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/cheers-through-the-years
Hoping this might serve as a small resource to the community, or at least a few of my fellow tobacco geeks.
R. Bear Graves

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Great article and listing of the blends throughout the years. Thanks for your time and research!

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
They certainly came up with a long running hit. I look forward to it, as do many. It may well be my favorite smoke. :worship:

Jan 8, 2013
This was just awesome. I was actually wondering just the other day while looking at some older tins online exactly what was in them. :D

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thanks and welcome to the forum Bear!
After trying some 1998 CC recently ... I'm hooked. :D

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Great work on the research!

Reading through the different vintages, I am very excited to try my 2004 selection seeing as it was the only vintage to use leaf that was aged for 10 years prior to processing and tinning.

Glad I snagged one of those when I did!

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I have a 1999
We are proud to offer our 1999 Christmas Cheer, an exceptionally fine vintage tobacco, handblended and aged in pressed cakes to develop natural mellowness. This 1999 blend is made with a special selection of the beautiful, ripe, orange flue-cured Virginias of the Carolina Border Belt crop of 1994

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
@junk I agree with McClelland lacking in nicotine, but as far as pure Virginia flavor Mclleland is king. Smoking cigars pretty often and dipping some, there really isn't a pipe tobacco that gives me any kind of nic hit. So I pipe smoke for the ritual and flavor, and for that my #1 choice is Mclelland.

Lol that last sentence sounds like an ad

Status
Not open for further replies.