PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I have a tip on just two tins of 2016 Christmas Cheer at a B&M. Prefer them to go to someone that doesn't already have some cellared. PM if that's you.

Dec 28, 2015
Very nice. Some of the things I see on here really make me feel good about my fellow man. Then again some things just make me shake my head. This was one of the former.

Jan 8, 2013
Well done, Drifter! You easily could have bought those tins and flipped on Ebay for a ridiculous amount. Helping other pipesmokers get some of their blends. That makes you ok in my book. Well done! :clap:

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Very nice to look out for one another. Have to ask, where are you that your B&M carried Christmas Cheer? My local B&M has bulk offerings only.
Picked up some recommendations, a cherry, a buttered pecan, and some 1Q. The 1Q was nice, but ended up trashing the other stuff. Flavored cardboard at it's finest.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I get tobacco flavors.
Seriously, Christmas Cheer is in the same vein as the other McClelland flakes. Each year is a little different, though as it’s a single-source leaf. Despite the festive name, there aren’t any seasonal flavorings added.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
what do any of the cheers taste like?
A very tangy and full flavored version pure of Red Virginia. Not flavor powerhouses, and some find them a little flat and monochromatic, but as good as a single crop pure red Virginia is ever going to get. Since I like pure red, they fully satisfy me just as they are.
The 40th was kind of like Christmas Cheer on steroids.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
That's awesome!
I wish I wouldn't have missed out, as the only McClelland I've ever have is FMC.
No worries though, I bought a can of Saint James Woods last summer, that is aging. Also, 2 cans of 40th during IPSD this year, and when I heard they were getting outta the game, I bought 6 tins of FM and 10 of Balkan Blue. I'm gonna cellar the stuff and pull it out a few years from now and see what I've missed.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
They got back to me....Nothing left....I do want to Thank "hiplainsdrifter" on the Tip...Nice to see people "Give" back

to the community.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Only trouble is, now I'm afraid I'll never open my tin of Christmas Cheer, or maybe even my Navy Cavendish. Such a precious commodity.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Only trouble is, now I'm afraid I'll never open my tin of Christmas Cheer, or maybe even my Navy Cavendish. Such a precious commodity.

I hear you. I'm low on Navy Cavendish, too. And there's no replenishing the stock.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Christmas Cheer is the devils weed. It will rip your tongue off like sulfuric acid. I am so glad I cannot smoke that swill as I would have cellared hundreds of tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.