PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I have been out of the loop for about 2 months dealing with my fathers liver cancer. I see the Christmas Cheer 2014 is out. I will start by saying that I LOVE Christmas Cheer 2013 and have 15 tins aging. For those who may have already tried the 2014 do you feel it is better or worse than the 2013? What is the main difference taste wise between the two of them? Last questioned based on your early impressions of 2014 is it worth buying multiple tins for aging?

ruscho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I got some 2014, but have no intentions of smoking it yet. Maybe around Xmas I will open a tin :)

Knowing McClelland's track with VAs - it will be amazing!

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Honestly, you cannot go wrong with Christmas Cheer. I would recommend buying some and trying it yourself. I try to get 6 for the cellar and one to smoke for each new vintage.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Honestly, you cannot go wrong with Christmas Cheer
I agree ... the older samples I've tried are fantastic and the 2012 was already tasty.
I've got a few 2013's but won't open the first one for at least another 5 years.
My 2000 may just get popped this New Years though! :puffy:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I'm still working on 2007. I might possibly purchase the 2014 (one tin, if at all), but at my age the idea of what a tobacco may taste/age like in 5 or 10 years is of no concern to me. Being older does has some benefits in some ways. I buy it... I smoke it. No worries about cellaring! :wink:

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I love the 2013 because it is not soaking wet and burns pretty well with minimal drying time. It smokes fairly slowly and has a tangy and sweetness to it. It seems to be getting even better with only a years age. My 3 favorite VA blends are Christmas Cheer 2013, Klondike Gold and W

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I love the 2013 because it is not soaking wet and burns pretty well with minimal drying time. It smokes fairly slowly and has a tangy and sweetness to it. It seems to be getting even better with only a years age. My 3 favorite VA blends are Christmas Cheer 2013, Klondike Gold and Wessex BCDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.