PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I have seen a lot of "Christmas cheer" blends but I have never actually tried one. I'm thinking of buying a few tins and was wondering who makes the best blends? Is it different each year? Are they all basically the same? Thanks for the help.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
would the christmas cheer blends be categorized as an aromatic??

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I have to agree with Paul... I have about 6 tins of McClelland’s Christmas Cheer dating as far back '05 stashed away and will add a couple more soon. I can't speak for all Christmas blend but McClelland’s blend is always a sweet VA that varies a bit from year to year.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Interesting, My local B&M has had a tin of McClelland christmas cheer sitting on their shelves for awhile now and its 2010 so i might just have to pick that up next time im down there.

jar15a1

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
I just hope they dont taste like a Christmas tree.. Ba-da-dump... But seriously folks....

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I got the 2011 Holiday Spirit for this year's Christmas season but SP.com was out of Christmas Cheer when I tried to order and now I don't have any money. :crying:
-Jason

briarbrother

Lurker
Dec 13, 2011
Would MC Christmas Cheer 2011 be a high or low nicotine tobacco? (Virginia's in general?) I have smoked it three times and I get a head fuzziness,a high/rush feeling, and a pressure in the middle of my stomach? (I don't have this effect when I smoke Frog Morton Blends?!) Is this caused by nicotine? Stomach problem (acid reflux.etc?)? I was curious if any one encountered any of these symptoms or has any info/suggestions?? I am a new smoker to the pipe (smoked cigars for years..usually 1 daily) and still trying to learn how to pack,light,cadence..and basically smoke my pipe safely ;)

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Interesting, I was under the impression that Virginia were generally high in sugar (that's where the sweetness comes from), and comparatively low in nicotine?
Look Here
I'm not a very good judge of nic content, my system is usually pretty flooded with it due to Copenhagen and Snus usage in addition to smoking a pipe, so I don't feel nic effects very often. Every now and then 1792 makes me need to take a seat though.
Gary

triprolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2009
TN
I bought a tin of Christmas Cheer last year. I didn't like it. I still have it. May try it again.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Just tried Christmas Cheer for the first time it was the 2012 version. I liked it alot, it was a very sweet tobacco for sure. It lit and burned perfectly, never burned hot or tasted bitter during the entire bowl. I rubbed out the flakes and let them dry out for a bit but left them a little more moist then I usually do.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Lol..you horders keep the tobacco world going round....lol :lol:

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Glad you liked it johnny. Im assuming it was from the sample I sent you? Im going to give blackhouse a shot tomorrow.

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
McClelland's Christmas Cheer is a single crop aged Virginia in broken flake form. It's not an aromatic. I don't notice any nicotine in Christmas Cheer. I buy four or five tins per year and cellar them for a few. I just cracked a tin of 2008 today. Good stuff.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I actually cracked a tin of 2003 Christmas Cheer. It's amazing. I'll be getting a few time every year from now on.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I have 3 tins of Christmas Cheer 2010, want them to age abit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.